Saturday 25 November 2023

Perfect timing

It's the season to be......injured, tra la la la la la la la la. Bah humbug I hear you say.  Well I've got time on my hands so I'm getting into the Christmas spirit, and a few mince pies along the way!  Actually I don't like mince pies but sticking to the festive theme here.
I'll probably not be running for the rest of the year but that doesn't mean I'm not training.  Frustrating though it is, I'm hitting the gym my spaghetti arms are more like linguine arms heading towards penne arms.  Leaving the food analogy aside, the gym work is paying off and my upper half is getting stronger.
Unfortunately, I can't put load on my legs and have to avoid bending my left knee so those options are limited.  I have a few exercises recommended by my physio and I'm now up to 1kg.  But I'm using bands to work my glutes, quads and hammies.  Regular yoga is keeping me moving - m"motion is lotion" as yogie Mark Russell says.
My PT is working me hard and will be an important part of my rehab over the winter months.  I aim to come back much stronger and less prone to injury.  That is my No.1 goal and just the thought of it keeps me going as retaining a positive mindset with definitive goals is essential.
Enjoy your running and take care on the slippy surfaces.  This is a beautiful time of year and don't forget to party during the festive season.  You've worked hard all year and your body deserves a different type of punishment!  I'll post again when I have some progress to report.  Till then....so here it is Merry.........Try getting that song out of your head!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment