Thursday 2 November 2023

Listen to your body

My blog seems to have turned into a medical journal in 2023.  So at the risk of being repetitive and/or boring I'll keep this one short.
Listening to my body isn't difficult.....it creaks.  You can't fail to hear it!  After my manual labour in Romania I came back with aching quads and knees.  They were on the mend then I tripped.  My physio has just told me I have bruised the inside of my knee cap, and have fluid on the knee.  This is going to take rest, at least of my knee, so it's upper body and core work in the gym, plenty of band work and I'm going to venture back in the pool - excluding my legs as always with a pull buoy!
I'm actually looking forward to the break from running but having entered the ballot for the West Highland Way (fingers crossed) I'll be back at it as soon as I get the "green light".  But in the meantime I have "body work" to be done.
I'll post again when I have got some news worth speaking of.  If you are fit, healthy and injury free, then appreciate every minute of it and I hope it lasts.  I am all too aware strength training is no longer optional for me if I want to continue running.  Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment