Thursday 7 April 2016

The desert

I'm currently on a short family holiday in Dubai and yesterday we headed off into the high red dunes in the desert.  It was slightly different from the last time I was in a desert.  We were in a luxurious 4x4 dune bashing i.e. an expert driver took the car to its limits with gravity.  Great fun and the fact you had air conditioning and chilled water made it much more comfortable.  But it did bring back memories especially in the evening when we ate in a camp - simple tasty local food, oh and a chilled beer!  It's a holiday after all.
But it hasn't been all sunshine and fun.  Three days in a row I have got up early and gone for a 10km run.  I'm strating to get used to the heat and my pace is increasing but these are tough conditions to run in.  I managed a short swim yesterday but the pool isn't ideal and I got boared.
It would have been nice to take a complete break but that is not adviseable at this stage of my programme.  In a weeks time I head off for some proper triathlon training in Majorca.  It's "just what the doctor ordered" and it will be good to take out my "secret weapon" - watch this space!  In the meantime breakfast calls as I'm starving after that run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment