Tuesday 19 April 2016

Majorca training camp

Following my holiday in Dubai I headed off for a five day training camp in Majorca with my coach and 5 other triathletes.  We ran 4 days out of five, mostly after the bike ride.  I was running strong off the bike so this pleased me especially as we did some long bike rides.  We only did two swims and worked on technique.
I took my "new steed" out with me and it performed well - felt like I had ridden it all my life.  I covered 420km and climbed 22,000 ft - it was absolutely exhausting but I know I have come back a stronger rider and fitter.
I climbed all the major climbs including Sa Colabra after a few long hard days before it.  I really didn't feel up to that climb but persuaded "the chimp" that this was a leg building exercise.  52 minutes of steep climbing certainly proved that to be the case and there is still plenty of climbing on the way home!  Then I went out for a run off the bike and did my fasted average speed probably this year!
That has probably been the hardest training I have ever done and on top of all that we had fun.  Majorca has a lot of hard technical riding which is confirmed by the 146 hospitalisations of cyclists since Feb this year and the 5 deaths!  So while working hard you have to keep your concentration at all times.  74 days to Ironman and a lot of work still to be done.  Bring it on but first of all, I need some sleep followed by more food!

No comments:

Post a Comment