Wednesday 2 February 2011

Double dip

..no not the recession.  This morning I had a lesson from a friend of mine who swam for Canada.  He summed up my swimming after 2 lengths - stiff!  In 20 minutes I had a few tips to go away and work on.  I didn't have to wait long to put them into practice.  Tonight was a group training session where we covered 2,200m.  Perhaps it was my imagination but I thought the tips had paid off.  Also a month ago this distance would have been hard but following the 3,000m on Monday it was "comfortable" - can't say easy in case my coach reads it and hammers me!
Running tomorrow with the group which will be my first group run in 2 months - can't wait as this is my chance to shine while some of the good swimmers will find in more difficult.  This isn't me being competitive, just enjoying playing to my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment