Monday 31 January 2011

Almost gave up!

To finish the weekend off we went to see the Waterboys perform in concert last night so it was another late night - this weekend was not normal, I don't want you to think I have a busy social life!  So 7am in the pool started with the usual 500m warm up - felt as though I had woken up, 200m kick drill - starting to struggle followed by the main set; 600m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m with reducing rests in between.  Half way through the 600m I felt like giving up but then thought "what will I say in my blog?".  So I presevered and got over the mental demons thanks to you.  The followers who will rightly so give me a hard time if I was to step off the "train".  It did feel like I'd achieved something and I will benefit from this in my first race in June.
Now recovering with chocolate milk, bananas, nuts and raisins to get fuel in the system to build back my energy.  Taking tomorrow off from training so I can rest.  Have a good day and hope you are all still working towards your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment