Sunday 7 June 2015

Stepping it up

I'm delighted to report I am now stepping my training up and the foot isn't giving me too much grief.
On Tuesday I went back to yoga and we did a lot of foot work - thanks Mark!  I knew my foot had received a good work out but it was ok.
I then headed off to London for 3 days which involved plenty of walking.  This had a worse affect on my foot which required more than a few glasses of wine to make it feel better!  It's interesting how walking and running has a different impact on the foot.
On Saturday I went a 10k trail run at Calderglen Country Park with my coach.  It was great to be running a reasonable distance and afterwards I could feel my foot but more a discomfort than pain.
Today I headed out for a windy bike ride.  I upped the mileage to 60 miles and felt good the whole way round.  Strangely cycling does cause more discomfort afterwards but nothing I can't live with.  It's getting my fitness back that matters.
I do feel guilty that I haven't swam in about a month so I will be going back to the pool this week and I know what to expect - 3 weeks of pain getting my swimming stroke and fitness back but it needs to be done.
My pals are all enjoying the weekend competitions that I can't take part in but it's great seeing their success.  This is as a result of their winter training and I am so pleased for them.  Hopefully I will be back competing next season but in the meantime I just need to concentrate on getting back to fitness and sorting my injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment