Monday 14 June 2010

The waiting game

I arrived in Bala at 9.30 on Saturday as I couldn't get out of that hotel quick enough.  After some breakfast I went for a wee cycle and came to the conclusion that Bala is beautiful and hilly.  Checked into the Red Lion Farm B&B - highly recommended, so friendly and even gave me £10 for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres!  Went for a swim in the lake - baltic but after the first 5 minutes yo warmed up or was I numb? 
Didn't get to see my club mates so had dinner of steak and pasta before retiring to watch the world cup - not so many red crosses down here, can't imaging why?  Too much time to think and had to work hard to rationalise with the voice in my head - "yes it was 11 months since my last triathlon, but I had done the training"! Bed by 10pm.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Derek! Sounds like the training is going well and thank you so much for choosing to support us again.

    Nice of the Red Lion Farm too!

    ReplyDelete