Monday 14 June 2010

Going commado

I Travelled down to Chester today (Friday) so I would only have a short trip tomorrow to Bala and not be too tired. Busy day meant I didn’t manage to get on the bike but I did get to speak to my coach and run through last minute preparation. Here is what I packed:
Swim: wetsuit, trisuit (for bike & run), cap, goggles, contact lenses, heart rate monitor & watch. Bike: bike, foot pump, shoes, insoles, shoes, sun glasses, helmet, gloves, socks, tribelt (to hold the number)inner tubes, repair kit, WD40, sun cream, bum cream, 6 protein bars, 6 gels, High 5 and 4 bottles for the bike, towel Run: shoes and hat. With all that to think about I forgot my boxers so I’ll be going commando!
Arrived at The Comfort Inn; good marketing in the name, it’s a dump. You couldn’t swing a Manx cat in the room and in one of the drawers along with the managers welcome letter are two free entry tickets to a lap dancing bar in town – in all the hotels I have stayed in, this one definitely has a different marketing approach and no I didn't use the tickets!
Went out for some dinner in a friendly pub, strictly fresh orange, but needed to ask what the red cross flags were for?

No comments:

Post a Comment