Monday 2 October 2017

Bloody Snake!


  1. It’s amazing how quickly the body recovers from heat, altitude and a couple of blisters. Yesterday after writing the blog the camp was entertained by cowboys demonstrating lassoing and then one sat round the camp fire and sang – fantastic helped by an ice cold can of coke.
    Felt good this morning except for a few muscular pains in my back and shoulder but did some stretches and popped some pills. It w...as only 26 miles today but the terrain dictated the pace with a total time around 7hrs 40 mins. I ran all day with Richard who I’d met in camp a few times and we made sure we got through it together.
    When we were going through the shrubs I spotted a rattler! It just cut in front of me making me stop in my tracks. I think the smell of me put it off. At one stage we had to use as rope to climb up a rock face and today did involve a number of climbs which at this altitude takes it out of you. I am so inspired by the runners out here. There are a number of injuries that would stop most people from walking never mind running including Richard who had great difficulty walking down hill – picture it! We’re down to 89 runners now from the original 125 and backs up how tough it is.
    One more marathon tomorrow then a short 7miles, all uphill on Saturday where Fiona will be at the finish line. That’s going to be special. I can’t wait for some decent real food and a beer….and a bottle of red wine……and a massage! The list could go on but I’m sure you get it. All the best to my friends that are doing or supporting IM Barcelona on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment