Monday 29 August 2016

Run, fatboy run!

I'm feeling a bit like Simon Pegg in the film Run, fatboy run at the moment.  We've just come back from 4 days of indulgence (gold medal standard) in Budapest and when I stepped on the scales this morning I was 155 lbs!  Now I can hear some of my friends saying give me a break, that's not fat but for me it's starting to look a bit chubby.  That's 11 llbs heavier than when I lined up on the start line for IM almost 2 months ago and it means I'll be carrying this extra junk when I go out for a run later today.  But I did promise myself this 2 month rest and it's now coming to an end!
I've just registered for my 2017 "A" race www.g2gultra.com so fingers crossed I get in. I'm starting my light training now to get my body back into shape and will be doing everything possible to avoid injury including more regular yoga.
On holiday we did a 90 minute yoga class and the instructor apologised to my wife afterwards saying she hope she hadn't killed me!  Just breathe she kept telling me - believe me I was trying!  Lots of work to be done here as this will help my breathing, flexibility and strength all of which will be essential for a 6 stage 170 mile race through the Grand Canyon in a year time.
A wee trip tomorrow to my chiropractor to sort a tweak in my back and hopefully I'll be good to go.  I've enjoyed the break but can see if I don't get back to regular exercise and keep eating as though I'm training, I'll soon be a "chunky monkey" which is not the desired outcome.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment