Sunday 29 November 2015

Garmin watching

Another successful weeks training.  I'm really starting to feel the benefit of regular training and enjoying it too.  According to my coach today my legs are starting to change shape reflecting the training. Due to the severe weather this weekend I changed my training around.  On Saturday I did a long turbo training session which normally would be boring but during the session I had to pay close attention to my heart rate on a regular basis, sometimes every minute.  I was also monitoring my cadence (speed of the pedals) and it was a great session - sweated buckets!
On Sunday I had the pleasure of the company of my coach and her husband for a run followed by a swim.  The rain was pouring down but I think we got more wet from the feet up!  Rivers were running down the paths at Chatelherault and it was pointless to try and stay dry.  We then headed off for a swim.
After 200m the bad news was broken to me. I'd been working on my technique, incorrectly.  That's the bummer about swimming.  You think you are displaying the technique you had been shown the week before, in fact you've worked hard on it all week, only to be told you're not!  Gutted so back to square one.  Technique, technique, technique.  I worked hard and hopefully made some progress but it's not easy.
Next week is another hectic business week so the training has been carefully planned around my work and family life.  Back in the pool tomorrow morning and hopefully I will be using the correct technique rather than perfecting the wrong technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment