Wednesday 4 January 2012

Washing in public

After a cold night with no electricty or heating I woke up to go training and cooked my porridge on the gas cooker by candle light - romantic? I don't think so.  Then off for my swim which was a tough session (500m warm up, 50m fast / 50m steady x 2, 400m (40sec rest), 300m (30 sec rest), 200m (20 sec rest), 100m (10 sec rest), 50m fast / 50m steady x 2 = total 1,900m.  It's a hard workout as you time every metre so there is no let up.  When I sit down with my coach at the end of the week she will compare the times agaist previous sessions to make sure I am making progress and not being lazy!  This is a real motivator when you are feeling tired and want to ease off but you know your computer is counting every stroke and every second - no hiding place.
But on the upside I had a good shower and scrub up which the family won't be having but I do hope the electricty is back on when I get home tonight otherwise they may be a bit smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment