Friday 10 June 2011

London calling

Slipped the running gear into my overnight bag and a 6am went for a 10k run round Green Park and St James Park.  The activity in the parks at this time is incredible.  People playing rounders, doing sit ups, cycling, ti chi & boxing - it's a hive of activity.  Running past Buckingham Palace and many other land marks keeps the run interesting.
Last night I went to Shepperd's Market which is tucked in behind Park Lane and it's places like that which make London special.  It's like a tiny village with restaurants, pubs and shops and it just shows you what you can find when you venture off the main roads.  So business and training went hand in hand on this trip.
When I get back tonight I am scheduled for an open water swim subject to the weather followed by steak and pasta I hope!  In the meantime I need some calories so I'm off for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment