Wednesday 14 July 2010

Real men in Speedos!

The constant training is tiring and you have to listen to your body so without any guilt I had a "power nap" in the office for 20 mins in preparation for my swim tonight in Loch Lomond as my 12 km run this morning was telling.  I had arranged with a pal of mine to meet me there for a swim and he turned up with his swimming partner - they are part of a team that's swimming the channel.  He had said the water might be cold due to the rain however I wasn't expecting to see them wandering into the loch in Speedos!!!!!  You are not allowed to swim the Channel in a wetsuit.  I felt a complete wimp in my wetsuit and this wasn't helped by the fact they are good swimmers.  However they kindly nursed me round the choppy 900 m course and while I dried off they went back for more! Real men in speedos - I'll stick to my wetsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment