Monday 9 August 2010

Get down shep!

Saturday morning brought back memories of Blue Peter and the constant cry of get down Shep.  Why is it that dogs like to chase me on the bike?  This sheep dog decided to "round me up" until a whistle from its owner brought it under control.  Next hazard to negotiate was the 20 metres of cow sh1t spread across the road, 2 inches deep.  It's like ice and you have to keep the wheels straight and your mouth shut!  My rural fragrance was picked up as soon as I arrived home and the bike required a hose down.
I spoke to my coach Steve who talked me through the prep for the race, my training plan this week and my race strategy (survive!).  I would have reported back earlier but we have no broadband at home and BT are less than useless when it comes to back up at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment