Monday 9 August 2010

All by myself

5.45am porridge, 7am poolside.  I really hope this is the last time I have to report this.  It will only be beaten by race day which will read 4.15am porridge, 5am start area, 7.55am swim.
Tollcross was deserted today, most sensible people choosing to stay in bed - that will be me next week!!!!  Still training session to be done so I just got on with it keeping the focus on my technique and pace.  This is my last pool swim and when I get to Copenhagen I will have a couple of short swims in the Laguna in Amager Stranpark which will get me used to the sea water. 
Sports massage with Grant this afternoon so you will probably hear the screams.  Need to make sure my legs are ready for the challenge ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear the sponser money is coming in during last few days before race. Best wishes for the race - am sure your unbelieveable training will pay dividends on race day. What new excuse will you have to use for a massage once the sports massage no longer applies?? We look forward to hearing how the race goes - as also I am sure many do other of your followers/sponsers.
    Nick & Edwina Beaumont

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick & Edwinda thanks for your support. I am booked in for one final massage on Thursday next week to help my recovery and have been promised it will be less painful but somehow doubt it!

    ReplyDelete