Tuesday 25 October 2011

It never rains but it pours!

In the world of "positive" sometimes you can have a crap day - like yesterday.  I felt tired all day but force myself out on the run.  However I didn't stick to my normal mantra of no food within 2 hours of running and suffered.  Looking at the results from my computer, my heart rate went racing at the beginning and although the objective was to run the second half quicker I was lucky to be running at all.  Still I managed to finish the run and although I hadn't achieved my objective at least I felt better at the end.
That was until I met my son who had strained a muscle at athletics and had to cut his session short.  This is potentially a real set back as on Friday he has been invited to train with the Scotland U15 Development Squad at football.  So some TLC for him and fingers crossed as these chances do not happen often.
And finally, the boiler went meaning substantial cost as we have to redesign the room it is sited in plus the cost of replacing it while having no heating for at least 2 weeks!  Aaaggghhhh.
However watching the news this morning put everything into perspective with floods, earth quakes and murders.  For those involved there lives could be changed forever so let's count ourselves very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment